The community has the capacity. This workshop will support the development of a core group of resilient individuals who can operate as a community mobilization network as they promote community wellness and create a Community Response Team that will respond to community critical incidents and individual crisis.
- Each participant receives a comprehensive handbook.
- The Community is the Medicine Workshop (2 Days)
- Cultural Foundations of a Team
- Team Building
- Culture and the Community
- The Community Wellness Team: Rationale and Membership
- The Community is the Medicine: Community Resources
- Community Engagement, Development & Developing a Sustainable Program
- Wellness Team Community Engagement
- Activating the Community Response Team
- Response Team Vision, Mission Structure & Planning (short and long term)
- Team Policy and Procedures, Statistics, and Evaluation
- What’s Next…
- Self Care and Team Survival