Culture is the key. This workshop supports the community to understand their current problems in terms of ongoing colonization, to recognize the power of their cultural values and draw upon community strengths, and identify the next steps that will lead to community wellness.
Each participant receives a comprehensive handbook.
- Colonization and its “Cure”
- Traditional Values: The Source of Wellness & Resilience
- Self Esteem: Enhancing Connection & Empowerment
- A Well-Lived Life: Enhancing Identity & Cultural Vision
- Balance & Healing: the Values of Care & Respect
- The Community is the Medicine: Values and Community Resources
- Understanding Grief and Trauma Healing (3-5 day session)
- Community Wellness Planning (3-5 day session)
- Beyond the Victim: The 4 Steps of Healing